Your BlackBerry Voice Commands
Voice commands is a feature that very few people use and actually it’s very useful when your hands are otherwise occupied! You can perform a number of things such as make a call, check the battery level and more.
On your Home screen or in a folder, select Voice Dialing and after the beep, say a command. The available voice commands are:
- Call– This command is said to make a call, however if it is an emergency call you cannot use voice commands.
- Call – This command is to call a specific number of a contact that is in your contact list. If you saved the contact with two separate numbers, for example, mobile and work, then you can save your voice command as such and specify, “Call work”.
- Call extension – This command is used to call an extension for example another line within your company.
- Check my phone number – Often people have multiple phone numbers associated with their BlackBerry device and if you want to check your active number, then you use this voice command.
- Check signal strength – you can say this command to check signal strength before attempting a call.
- Check Network – Check your wireless network your smartphone uses.
- Check Battery – It will check battery power level.
- Repeat – The last voice prompt will be repeated back to you.
- Cancel– The voice dialing application will be closed.
The language for voice commands can also be changed and on the Home screen or folder where you entered to do voice command you click Typing and Input > Language and Text Input and change Voice Dialing Language and Save.
The choice lists for the voice commands can also be turned off if your BlackBerry smartphone identifies more than one match to your voice command. The phone will present you with a list of matches and you can turn off the choice list in order for the smartphone to select only the best match and automatically dial the phone number of your command. You enter where you initially did your voice command setup and select Options > Call Management > Voice Dialing. Now you set the Choice Lists to Always Off.
Voice recognition can be improved by completing prompts which will ask you to say specific words and numbers. Go to the Home screen where you did your set up, click Options >Management>Voice Dialing. You are now in the Voice Adaptation section and click Start > just follow the onscreen instructions.